US GenWeb

How to Obtain Copies of Veterans' Records from the National Archives

The instructions for ordering military and pension records from the US government's National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) have changed. To obtain the latest information, it is best to visit the NARA website Genealogy Research in Military Records to learn how military records can help in genealogy research. You may order records online, or you may order the forms and submit them by snail mail.

The US government, and NARA, must comply with the provisions of the Freedom of Information Law (FOIL). For details of this law, click here.

Send comments or suggestions to:
Debby Masterson

Go Back to Soldiers & Sailors
Go Back to Home Page